1. Let's just start by saying I have a serious case of wanderlust right now. You can find me most nights browsing Sky Scanner looking for cheap flights and creating a destination wish list as long as my arm. We have booked to go to Amsterdam for my Birthday in March and I absolutely can not wait! We're going over on the overnight ferry (P&O have a 2 for 1 offer on until the end of March and it's only £79 in total!!) We decided to stay over in Amsterdam for an extra night and booked in to the CitizenM Amsterdam which looks fab. I'm now planning a trip to Portugal in June - Lisbon we are coming for you!
2. The last couple of weeks have involved lots of good food! This 4 ingredient flapjack is so quick, easy and satisfying and the chances are you already have the ingredients in your cupboard (I left out the ginger and chocolate by the way). I found this Shakshuka recipe on the NY Times website and let me tell you it makes for a seriously tasty brunch. The pasta bake is one I just made up as I went along and has chicken, chorizo, peas and feta cheese. Ultimate comfort food right there. I really need to up my exercise game to balance all of this gorgeous food out though. I'm finding it really hard since our gym flooded in the Boxing Day floods. I've been using the 7 minute workout app and I'm debating starting running again even though I know it will only last a few weeks before my knee injury flares up again. I need to get out and do something though that's for sure.
3. Whilst I was pottering around the house earlier my Apple music threw out a really nice song by Andreya Triana (link here). At first I thought it was Rebecca Ferguson, she has that same bluesy undertone to her voice that I just can't get enough of. I've also been listening to an album called Classical Chillout just before bed and it's unbelievably relaxing and really helps me wind down.
4. Sadly the strap broke on my beloved Radley backpack and they can't repair/replace it which I am absolutely guttered about. Luckily though I came up trumps and found this gorgeous grey backpack in Zara. It looks really similar to the Radley one, albeit a little bit bigger and it is an absolute steal at £19.99. They also do it black but they didn't have that in store for me to look at. Craig also surprised me with this rather lovely gold Macbook case. I would absolutely LOVE a gold Macbook (I'm working on it) but until then this really affordable case looks the part and also protects my actual laptop (link here).
5. To finish off this rather rambly post I thought I'd share a few snippets from around the internet that I've been loving this week. Kate's New York vlog only added further fuel to the fire that is my travel bug. I've also been enjoying Jenny Mustard's videos for something a little different. Jenny has a really unique beautiful look and her videos reflect her style to a T. She shares minimalism videos and lots of vegan recipe's too. I just find her video's really fresh and a nice change to the norm on Youtube. She is really softly spoken and has really soothing music in her videos. I may have binge watched all of her video's in one sitting. Finally I'm still really enjoying The Blissful Mind website and finding a lot of inspiration over there on simplifying your life and focusing on what's important.
That's it for this week - see you in my next post :)
Twitter . Facebook . Bloglovin . Instagram . Pinterest . Tumblr