1. Well hasn't this been a month of ups and downs. I wasn't well for most of October and then ended getting caught up in the upset in Egypt which was interesting to say the least. I'm pleased to say though that I'm on the mend and enjoying the simplicity of getting back to my usual routine. Its amazing how a dramatic turn of events can leave you craving normality. I started writing this post at the end of November and within a blink of an eye it would seem here we are in December!
2. This weekend I finally took the plunge and chopped my hair off into a lob. My hair was seriously long at the start of the year and I've been having a little bit more chopped off each time I've visited the salon. This weekend I overslept and rushed to my appointment and I think the fact I wasn't even fully awake and hadn't had time to umm and ahh about what to do was one of the main reasons I just went for it. It's certainly very different but I really love it and feel like its perfect for where I am right now in my life. Here's the thing with long hair, it soon becomes a comfort blanket and before you know it you've become so precious about your locks even having an inch taken off feels like an ordeal. Then there's all the compliments - people love long hair on other people and this only further fuels the resistance to having the chop. I kind of wish I'd had the guts to lop it off in one go but I'm glad I've done it gradually over the last 12 months.
3. I've been really enjoying listening to The Lively Show Podcast on my commute to work. This lovely podcast is "designed to uplift, inspire and help you add a little extra intention to your every day" and I personally think its an absolute joy to listen to. I discovered this via Anna of VDM when I was on holiday and I've downloaded countless episodes since. Whilst I don't think anything will fill the void Serial left when I finished it this is really nice to listen to in a morning to get me feeling positive about the day ahead.
4. I've been on the hunt for a perfect grey nail polish for ages and found it in Essie Cocktail Bling. Its a ridiculously simple grey but perfect for winter and just solidified my love for Essie nail polishes.
5. I am quite simply obsessed with Sugar Mamma TV's videos. I found her channel on Youtube after researching the fastest way to get out of debt (more coming on that later). Canna is a seriously savvy financial advisor from Australia and her channel focuses on empowering women to take control of their financial future. It's really inspiring stuff and her messages are delivered in a way thats relatable and easy to digest. I've watched almost all of her videos over the last couple of weeks and I'm itching to start sorting my finances out and start investing in a better future for myself.
Twitter . Facebook . Bloglovin . Instagram . Pinterest . Tumblr