1. This week I have reignited my love for Calligraphy. I saw Carrie had taken a Modern Calligraphy class and it instantly inspired me to have a go. I was massively into Calligraphy when I was younger and I remember my Mum and Dad buying me a special Calligraphy set with all of the nibs and inks - I loved it! Sadly I'm not going to London anytime soon so can't attend a class but after a little bit of online research I set about teaching myself. Until I can get some nibs and inks I have set about teaching myself faux calligraphy and I'm absolutely loving it! You can very easily recreate calligraphy with a rollerball or gel pen and a little bit of practice. If you want to have a little go yourself head over to this lovely website I found - The Postmans Knock. Here's a few of my practice scribbles.
2. A couple of weeks ago I made a big batch of EssieButtons Protein Power Soup and I've just whipped up another batch this evening. Its really easy to make and it is SO delicious. I take this to work with me for lunches and it lasts me all week. I blend it up a little so its more of a smoother soup but I imagine its just as nice if you left it chunky.
3. This week I finally got my hands on a Lumie Light after wanting one forever! Craig managed to get hold of one for me as one of his friends received one as an unwanted gift so we snapped it up. I used it for the first time yesterday and I love it already. I struggle immensely getting up in a morning. I usually wake up in the pitch black, disorientated and groggy and eventually drag myself out of bed after pressing the snooze button for about half an hour. The Lumie Light wakes you up gradually with increasing natural light that emulates the sunrise. Yesterday morning I woke up naturally at 6am with no alarm and felt alert and wide awake. It was so bizarre I just couldn't believe it!
4. I mentioned this in my last post but I have been doing 30 Days of Yoga and its honestly the best thing ever. At the start I made a promise to myself that I would complete the daily practice every day no matter what. I wont lie some days it has been a challenge getting myself to the mat but every time I finish I'm glad I did. If you want to get into Yoga but aren't sure where to start this is a great place. I'm currently putting together a mammoth post about home Yoga practice with lots of links and tips so stay tuned for that.
5. One to follow > Deliciously Ella. I have recently become obsessed with this gorgeous food blog and I can't wait to get my hands on the Deliciously Ella Book when it is released later this month.
Twitter . Facebook . Bloglovin . Instagram . Pinterest . Tumblr