How are we all enjoying this bank holiday monday? This post is mainly about my current diet and fitness choices. I've been getting lots of comments that I look much better in myself and that I look to have lost weight. Thank you so much for these lovely comments, they really make my day and motivate me to keep it up. I have lost weight (almost a stone) and I'm really enjoying life at the moment.
Thought I'd include this pic as I'm wearing blue on my water line for the first time in forever!
1. I've decided to give vegetarianism a go. I've been veggie on and off since I was around 8 years old but never fully committed. I've based this decision on educating myself more about what I'm eating and reading and watching various documentaries about the conditions of slaughter houses, the cruel and inhumane practices which animals are subject to, and the amount of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones that are pumped into them. I'm not going to start preaching or justifying myself, and it may not even last but at least for now I'm avoiding meat and enjoying my new lifestyle.
2. In addition to this for a while now I've been eating more and more organic produce. I've been going to my local farm shop where everything is grown locally and is completely organic. I know there's conflicting research regarding whether organic is actually better, but I have been doing this mainly from the standpoint of less chemical toxins, no genetic modification, and it benefits my local farmers.
3. A bit of a downer is the injuries I've picked up from running. Its not looking good for my half marathon. If you follow me on Twitter you will already know about a month ago I picked up a nasty back injury after a 4 mile run. I damaged the large muscle at the right of my spine and have subsequently picked up a rather painful knee injury. There is very little I can do but rest, pretty much all exercise is off limits - which is absolutely killing me. I love working out but everything I try results in me being in pain for a few days. As soon as I physically can, I'll be training again, but until then its just lots of rest.
4. I'm trying to impose a spending ban on myself. This is proving EXTREMELY difficult. I'm saving up for something special, and trying to sell some of the things I don't use anymore. When I was going through everything I dont use and was thinking about selling, I felt ridiculous and more than a little self indulgent.. Not cool. So much money wasted. From now on I'm going to really think about buying something before I just go in all guns blazing and buying useless crap that I'll end up selling in the future.
5. If you recommend any good vegetarian books, resources, recipes, websites anything at all I would be extremely grateful.