Monday, 16 May 2011
Monday Summary one more time with feeling..
Not alot happened this week. Although I did learn a few things...
1. Many of us have almost mastered the art of convincing ourselves we are unhappy when in reality we have happiness in the palm of our hands. Its only when you look back that you realise how happy you truly were. Usually by this point its far too late and an irrecoverable amount of damage has already been done. If you can go back to how things were, then you are the exception. Not the rule.
2. Regularly cleansing and moisturising your skin makes a difference. A big one at that. I stopped my skin care routine for a couple of weeks (this wasn't intentional) and my skin ended up a royal mess. I've started using my favourite products again and voila.. happy skin. I will upload my skin care post this week. Promise.
3. The Dukan Diet is hard. Really hard. Commence at your peril. I've kind of modified it and put my own spin on it and its working for me. Chowing down of a can of tuna like a cat for lunch in front of my colleagues, well you can imagine how that went down. Throw a bit of salad on the side and everyones a winner.
4. At some point of your life you will make a mistake. A big one. You will undoubtedly make one bad decision and spend hours filled with regret. You will also feel a sadness like you have never felt before. I now know what it feels like to feel this type of sadness and I never thought it was possible to feel this way. Now don't be alarmed this isn't a negative post, far from it. I learnt this week that although we have the power to well and truly screw things up, we also have the power to make things better again. I've learnt that picking yourself up from the floor when you are down isn't the easiest thing to do in the world. But it is possible, and its even more possible to come out of it on the other side. All you have to do is try. Ghandi said that whatever you do in your life will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. I'm inclined to agree with him, because as each day, week, month goes by it gets easier to live with those bad decisions, and easier to live life.
5. Made in Chelsea is a modern day tragedy. Fact.
Ps. Adam if you ever read this, I'm sorry...
EDIT: Read the comments.