1. This week was definitely a case of out with the old and in with the new (soon hopefully) I sold a few unloved and unused items this week on ebay and all but one has sold. The milky bars are on me! There are a few things I would like to get, namely a new compact digital camera for when I dont want to lug around the big boy. I also want a Kindle but hopefully Adam is buying me one of those next month *she says with baited breath* and I also fancy a nude/ pale pink handbag. Not much then eh? haha! My name is Kelly and I'm a shopaholic! The camera in question is the Olympus E PL1. The main attraction is that I can buy an adapter and use my lenses with it, and still achieve DSLR quality photos but with a smaller more portable camera. I dont know anyone with an Olympus though so not sure if they're any good or not? Also sorry for a lack of photos today, will do a post tomorrow with lots of photos, I'm writing this weeks summary away from my camera and computer!
2. This week I ran so much I think I've got shin splints. Ouchie. My shins have hurt consistently for around 4 days now so running has completely halted. Instead I've just been walking on the treadmill to try and keep up some sort of exercise. I think its a combination of too much running with poor footwear. I did buy some Asics Trainers but didn't have them fitted or anything so for all I know they could be and most probably are the completely wrong sort of shoe for me. The plan is to lay off the running until next month when I can afford to go and buy some new properly fitted running shoes. As disheartening as this is, its just not worth doing any more damage.
3. Tonight I'm heading to my first Zumba class at the gym. I havnt been to the gym for months and I can't help but feel really nervous. A couple of years ago I was the definition of a Gym Bunny. I knew everyone in the gym and everyone knew me. I used to happily chat with people over a cuppa after a long workout and attend Body Combat classes twice a week as well as general training 6 times a week. Once your are in that zone. You are in that zone, and although I dont think I'll ever get back to that level of exercise, I dont think I'd want to to be honest. Sure I was the slimmest I've ever been but I was a slave to the gym, and that my friends is never a good thing. Moderation all the way thats what I say!
4. I've finally got around to drawing the winner of the Backcomb in a Bottle Contest! The Winner is Vida! Expect an email soon. Also a little FYI Backcomb in a Bottle is currently on offer at 2 for £7 in Boots at the moment.
5. Five to Follow: TropRouge,CupcakesandCashmere, TheGlamourai, SeaofShoes, Columbine.freshnet
Words can not describe how in love I am with this bag. The chances of me getting one are pretty much zero as it was a Limited Edition Coach bag designed by Emily of CupcakesandCashmere.com and only around 200 of them were made. I'm absolutely in love with pale pinks, pastels, and nudes at the moment. If its pretty, feminine and chic I love it. I could imagine wandering around on a sunny spring morning with tanned legs and pretty sandals in a floaty dress and light cream cardigan, wearing Ray Ban Aviators listening to the birds singing and toting this bag. It would be totally perfect. Bring.on.Spring.