1. WeightWatchers. I've rejoined yay! The key with any diet or healthy eating plan is sticking with it, and thats just what I intend on doing :) Most of you know about the struggles with my weight, now uni is over and life is a bit less mental I'm ready to tackle it once and for all!
2. I did my first presentation for a client at work and it went well! Doing a presentation at work is completely different to doing one at University; but I'm really glad I was made to do presentations at Uni because it has given me the confidence to do them in work life too.
3. This may be too much information but the contraceptive injection is now 100% out of my system shall we say. Some of you may remember about 10 months ago I made the decision to come off of the injection as I thought it was causing me several problems. My original post is here. I was worried I'd never get back to "normal" but thankfully I'm back in working order at last. YAY!
4. Relaxing Weekends. Working full time really does make you appreciate the weekends more. Theres nothing better than a lazy Sunday. Sometimes doing nothing is exactly what a girl needs after a busy week.
5. Christmas. I know this is a tad early but I'm SO excited for Christmas. Its hands down my favourite time of year. If I had it my way I'd have the house lit up like Blackpool Illuminations from November. Alas, we have to hold out until the 1st of December but as soon as the day arrives out comes the tree and the Christmas Village.
Its not too early to start playing Christmas songs in the car right?
One day last week, I arrived home from a long day at the office to find a surprise parcel waiting for me. Surprise parcels are the best dont you think? When you're not expecting anything and then you see something waiting for you and you immediately start trying to think what it could be!
Well this was a VERY pleasant surprise; it was my very own Aussie Take the Heat Survival Kit. Inside the box is everything I need to "keep me toasty this winter!" In amongst the winter treats were the two new heat protection offerings from Aussie; Take the Heat Protection Spray and Cream, both designed to protect hair from heat styling tools. Included in the box is a gorgeous fluffy hand warmer, a lavender heat cushion, a pair of slippers, and some hot chocolate.
I personally thought this was a really nice touch from the guys at Aussie, it made me really smile and I think it was really well thought out! I can't wait to give the products a whirl and enjoy a nice hot mug of hot chocolate on a chilly winters night.
Here is my attempt at using a Triple Barrel Waver. Its just a non serious rambly video! I returned the waver to Argos today; I think it will work much better with longer hair, or if the barrels themselves were wider.
The quest for Rachel Zoe like hair continues!
1. Today was 90s One Hit Wonders day at work! Cue cheesetastic pop music from the 90s including Mmmm Bop, Return of the Mack, and of course dont forget 2 Unlimited - No Limits.
2. I found a gorgeous blazer in Primark for £13, I was wearing it in my last post. Its just what I've been looking for, the material is so soft and its a really good fit.
3. My skin seems to be clearing up again this week, Good times.
4. This weekend I went bowling and to Nandos - both of which I havent done for ages. It was lovely to spend some time with friends and have a few drinks. When I say a few drinks I mean several pitchers of some "The Big Apple" Cocktail ;)
5. I've discovered a strong love for fresh egg penne pasta with tomato and basil sauce. Its simply devine and featured heavily on last weeks menu :)
Last night I went out for a couple of games of bowling and then Nandos. It was fab. Heres how I wore my hair and make up!
I wore my hair really big and I absolutely loved it! You can really see the ombre in my hair in these pics! I love it! The only niggle is that my hair is really damaged on the ends - thats where the bleach is that I'm still growing out. I can live with it though :) I used a conical wand on my hair to add a few more loose waves to my already wavy hair to achieve this look.
Mac Face & Body Foundation
MAC MSF Natural
Nars Orgasm Blush
The Body Shop Light Pink Eyeshadow
Mac All that Glitters Eyeshadow
Illamasqua Precision Ink
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara
Mac Creme Cup Lipstick
So the story here is that I have wanted this bag since the day I saw it. It was literally love at first sight. That was about a year ago now. At the time I couldnt find it in either of the Zara Stores closest to me (The White Rose and the Leeds City entre one) or online. Since then I have been on an eternal search to find it.
Its almost exactly the same scenario as a studded Russell & Bromley handbag I have NEVER been able to find anywhere, not even ebay.
So I'm putting it out there and asking you if you have this bag and never use it and would like to sell it I would absolutely love to hear from you. Or if you have a friend that has one and doesn't use it or if you just know anywhere I can find it I would love you forever. In fact if anyone can find this handbag I will personally buy you a gift and send it to you, regardless of where in the world you live! Seriously thats how much I want it. It has to be this exact bag though.
I think part of the intense desire comes from not being able to get it anywhere. Its almost like when you see something you love and can't find it anywhere, it makes you want it even more!
Fingers Crossed this might lead to me finally having this beauty in my possession.
I had my eye on this eyeliner from the minute I clapped eyes on it. My signature look is a clean and simple black winged line with mascara. I rarely wear eyeshadow, and for all the years I've been wearing make up, the humble liquid eye liner has always been in my collection.
For me a basic winged eyeliner can transform the way I feel. If I'm in a rush and have to do my 3 minute face, going from a swish of powder and nothing else; to a swish of powder, liquid line, mascara, and vaseline on the lips makes me feel from drab to fab.
Of course if I have longer I go for foundation, blush, lipstick the works, but I find a clean liquid line for me personally makes all the difference.
For some people though, liquid liner can look a little harsh, or some people simply can not apply it well. The key here is practice and lots of it. I've been wearing it since I was around 13 and I'm now nearly 23!
The Illamasqua Precision Ink is a liquid liner from The Art of Darkness Collection. I bought this in the colour "Abyss" in the ASOS sale for £10 but it normally retails for £16.50. The only reason I waited so long to buy it was because of the price. I personally feel like £16.50 for a liquid eyeliner is a lot, but when I saw it reduced to £10 I snapped it up without a second thought.
I personally think that this is a fantastic eyeliner, theres a reason for the inclusion of the word "precision" with this product, because it gives you just that. If you want a really crisp, precise line then this is the eyeliner for you. The nib is really fine allowing you to achieve a really defined line. The ink dries the blackest of black within seconds and it literally lasts all day. I applied mine this morning at 7.30am, its now 9.30pm and it looks exactly the same. I would go as far as saying this is the best liquid eyeliner I have used apart from the price. For me that is the only downfall with this product, but if you fancy treating yourself to something nice, then I would definitely recommend the Precision Ink. I think if I'm completely honest I would repurchase this liner and even pay the full price for it, although I'm almost positive Loreal do a similar eyeliner, so when this has run out, thats next on my list!
This weekend I wore it with very simple skin: Mac Face andBody with a dusting of MSF Natural to set and no blusher. Then liner, one coat of Rimmel Accelerator Mascara (love this review to come soon) and a bright pink lip. I personally love it. Which is your favourite eyeliner?
Another week has gone by so fast. I've been ridiculously busy this week. Work is crazy at the moment and it really does feel sometimes like theres not enough hours in a day to get everything done. I'm currently sat in bed with a cup of tea, so without further ado here are my five good things.
1. On Sunday I had a huge clear out. My bedroom was cleansed from top to toe. Clothes, Make Up, Books you name it I sorted it. The amount of cosmetics and beauty products I have donated to my mum and Karen is slightly scary I had no idea how much junk I have!! I get lots of questions about my room so I thought I'd share a few snaps with you.
2. I finally got my mitts on the Rose Gold Michael Kors Watch. Its gorgeous; I was so happy to find it because its sold out in most stores and online too. I managed to find this in House of Fraser in Leeds; so if you're after this beaut I'd try your nearest House of Fraser first. (Model Number MK - 5128)
3. I got the New Twitter! Yes I'm that sad but taking into consideration the fact that I'm a full blown Twitter Addict, I was starting to feel a little left out. I was way more excited than I should have been when the powers at be decided it was my time to join the party!
4. Spending time with people that matter the most. On Saturday I went out to celebrate Karens grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary. How special is that? Then after a long day of cleaning on Sunday I sat down with my family for Sunday Dinner. It was lovely to spend some time with my closest friends and family in amongst the madness.
5. Autumn is here. Autumn is possibly my favourite season. Theres nothing like a crisp Autumn morning with the gorgeous coloured leaves beneath your feet and the sun peaking out of the clouds. I love the fashion, and just the whole feel of the Autumn months, carving pumpkins whilst drinking vodka and lemonade is just around the corner.
Some of you may remember many moons ago I started a Sunday Summary where I listed 5 good things that happened that week. For one reason or another I didn't keep up with it. I've decided now that I'm back in full swing to start these posts again! A few other bloggers still post these but on a Monday - Victoria at Lilyloveslola immediately springs to mind, so I thought I would post mine on Mondays too!
1. My trip to London for the Eyeko Event! It was so nice to have a weekend away, I havn't managed to make it to any of the events this year because of uni and then work commitments, and it was really nice to see everyone again. Me, Gemma, Nicola and Lydia stayed over in a hotel for the night and Zoe joined us for some pre event drinks.Despite getting soaked by the fabulous British weather it was lovely to spend some time with my favourite people!
2. Red Nails. I painted my nails bright red last night and I absolutely love them. I'm usually inclined to go with a darker red, but opted for a brighter shade on a whim.
3. Old scarves. I have lots of scarves and as soon as Autumn arrives I love pulling them all out again. This one from River Island is a particular favourite. I've had it for years but I still love it as much as when I first bought it. I got real pleasure from wearing this today.
4. I finally found the perfect aviator jacket! I've been looking for one for a while, but either it was "too much" aviator or they didn't have any in anything above a size 8! I found this one this week in Zara and immediately fell in love with it. Its perfect. Gemma bought the same one in black and described it as "not an aviator jacket, but a jacket with a touch of aviator." This is an absolute steal at £39.99, grab one while you can!
5. I have finally booked my Invisalign Consultation! Last week I made an appointment to go for a consultation and hopefully start the Invisalign process. I had a traditional brace when I was younger but had lots of problems with it. As a result I had it taken off after 4 months and I'm now left with two gaps in my upper teeth and crooked lower teeth. I've been wanting Invisalign for around 3 years, and the time has finally come where I can go ahead with the treatment. After what feels like has been waiting forever I can hardly contain myself that I will be having the consultation on the 30th of October. If you are interested in Invisalign Laura has done a fantastic post on it here.